Job Title: English-speaking Montessori
Hours : 8.20am - 5.45pm (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri)
Reporting to: Head of school
- Support and implement the Montessori philosophy and method from an assistant’s perspective within the classroom
- Assist the French and English teachers in the 3/6 class by redirecting children towards their work activities and aiding children who need help
- Assist teachers in the 6/12 class when necessary
- Act as an English learning support for
- Assist in providing an organised and beautifully prepared learning environment
- Help in the preparation of learning
materials and assist director with light administrative duties
- Supervise children in the playground or at lunchtime when needed
- Help provide a stimulating, respectful, non-competitive atmosphere and model behaviour expected within a Montessori classroom
- Help guide pupils through self-directed activities, allowing each child to develop at their own pace
- Assist teachers and parents in their fundraising activities, school outings and event preparation including end of year school shows.
- Work with teachers to further learning about Montessori philosophy
- Attend open houses and school events
- Report accidents and/or safety concerns immediately to teachers
- Attend teacher and parent meetings when required
You will demonstrate a good general understanding of the Montessori philosophy and be willing to complete any necessary training courses required for the carrying out of your role.
Qualifications & Experience
BA Hons or BSc
You love working with
children and have already had some experience working with them.
You are responsible,
reliable and diligent and you really enjoy being organised.
You are interested in
alternative education and the Montessori philosophy and are willing to train to deepen your learning
You have a B2 level in
French (minimum) and are keen to improve your French further
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send an email with your CV to: recrutement[ at ]etre-et-decourvir.org
Interested in training to become a 6-12 Montessori teacher?
Formation Montessori AMI 6-12 ans en français, modulaire sur 2 ans, Archamps Technopole 74166 St-Julien-en-Genevois.